This source will teach you the basics of music theory.
There are 13 high-quality videos with animations, voice-over, piano sound, and sound effects.
In addition to notes and music symbols on the staff, I will use the piano keyboard to show and play through the concepts. However, the source is relevant for any musical instrument.
Table of Contents:
– Video 1: Music notation basics
– Video 2: Notation of notes in the treble and bass clefs
– Video 3: Notes on the piano keyboard
– Video 4: Rhythmic values
– Video 5: The major scale
– Video 6: The minor scale
– Video 7: Key signatures and the Circle of Fifths
– Video 8: Accidentals
– Video 9: Intervals
– Video 10: Triads
– Video 11: Diatonic triads
– Video 12: Four-part chords and diatonic four-part chords
– Video 13: Relative and parallel scales
In addition to the animated videos there are the following downloadable materials:
– Diatonic triads and four-part chords
– Interval chart
– Major and minor scales
– Notation of notes in the treble and bass clefs
I hope you will enjoy this beautifully animated course on music theory, and learn the basics of music theory.
After this Music Theory Level 1 course, you will be ready for the Music Theory Level 2 course, which will be available soon.
Let’s get started…
This is an introduction to the course.